Parks & Recreation | Jackson County | North Carolina
- This is a skill development clinic. Focus will be on building and improving the skills needed to improve at the sport of volleyball. This program is for girls and boys ages 8-14. Registration is in February and clinics will start in March and last for 4 weeks, one night per week. The fee for this program is $40.00 per participant.
- This league is for girls and boys ages 8-14. It will help teach the fundamentals of volleyball and incorporate games in the best way to help them learn the basic skills of the sport. League is held at the Jackson County Recreation Center in Cullowhee. Registration is the month of March. League plays in April and May. Registration fee is $50.00 per participant. Volleyball League Flyer 2021 Youth Volleyball Schedule
Youth Flag Football League
- The Youth Flag Football League is for both girls and boys in grades 1st - 6th. Participants will learn the basics of football in a fun environment. The league is played at the Recreation Park in Cullowhee on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Registration is during the month of April and the league plays in May and June. 2021 Flag Football Clinics
Youth Tennis Lessons
- This program offers kids the opportunity to learn the basic fundamentals of tennis. Youth Tennis Lessons are given during the spring and fall each year. This a six week program with one sessions per week. Our age divisions are as followed: 5-8 year olds and 9-12 year olds. Registration times vary. Please contact the Recreation Department for more information. Youth Tennis Lessons
- This is a classic style PE program for homeschooled youths of Jackson County. We meet once per week for one hour. Ages for this program are five through fifteen. We run on a fifteen week semester with spring and fall sessions. Registration is in December and August, respectfully. Cost for this program is $20.00 per participant.
Basketball - LEAGUE CANCELLED
PLEASE NOTE: Youth Basketball Program has been cancelled. Refund options, 1) You may wish to have a credit on Rec Desk that may be applied to any upcoming program, must be applied by June 30, 2020. 2) Full refund mailed to you. Please contact us by December 10th to inform us which option you decide (Cullowhee, Andrew Sherling 293-3053 ext 6) (Cashiers/Glenville, Trevor Brown 631-2020). If you don't contact us by the scheduled date, a full refund will be mailed to you.
- The Youth Basketball Program is for ages 6-13 (boys and girls teams). This youth program takes place November through February hosting games on Saturday mornings at either the Cullowhee Recreation Center, Glenville/Cashiers Recreation Center. Each child will be placed on a team and have a volunteer coach pick the practice time and location, meeting once a week. The goal of this program is to improve basic basketball skills amongst the players while having fun. Registration will begin in October. The fee for this program is $50.00 per participant.
- The Tiny Tumblers program is offered several times throughout the year, for ages three though six years old. This program aims to teach basic gymnastic and tumbling skills. Class days and times vary depending on the age group. Registration is at various times throughout the year.This program is located at the Cullowhee Recreation Center. Space is limited to the first 8 children in each class. The fee for this program is $25.00 per participant.
- The Sandlot program is a t-ball instruction based program for ages five through seven year olds. This program aims to teach basic fielding, hitting, and game-like scenario skills. Registration starts in May. The participants have a choice of time and locations; either Mark Watson Park, or the fields at the Cullowhee Recreation Park. The players will meet once a week for four weeks. Space is limited to the first twenty 20 players in each time slot. The fee for this program is $25.00 per participant. 2021 Sandlot Flyer
- An instructional based basketball program for boys and girls in the 1st grade. This program will teach the very basics of ball handling, dribbling and shooting. This program is usually offered in Mid-October and will run for 4 weeks. The first 2 weeks will consist of clinics and the last 2 weeks will be instructional games. $20.00 registration fee.
Fitness Bootcamp For Kids
- Healthy lifestyle changes inspired this program to be created. This is a four week program that meets twice a week in the morning for an hour outside of the Cullowhee Recreation Park. The goal for this program is to teach and inspire children ages eight through fourteen year olds to learn to love exercising without using fancy equipment or technologies. During this program, children will have the opportunity to set healthy fitness goals, find encouragement from the fitness coaches, and push themselves to meet their personal goals at the next level. Registration begins in the month of June. Space is limited to twenty participants. The fee for this program is $35.00 per participant.
Spring Soccer - LEAGUE CANCELLED
- Spring Soccer is for ages four through fourteen year olds. This program offers kids the opportunity to participate in an enjoyable team environment while learning the basic fundamentals of soccer. The location for Spring Soccer will be at the Cullowhee Recreation Center Park. Registration is during the month of February.
Fall Soccer - LEAGUE CANCELLED
- Fall Soccer is for ages four through fourteen year olds. This program offers kids the opportunity to participate in an enjoyable team environment while learning the basic fundamentals of soccer. The location for Fall Soccer will be at the Cullowhee Recreation Center Park. Registration is during the month of July. The program starts in September.