Jackson County Parks & Recreation Department
"To promote healthy lifestyles, and to improve the quality of life in Jackson County through the provision of diverse recreational programming and opportunities, parks and recreation facilities, greenways and natural open space."
Jackson County Parks and Recreation Department offers an array of programming for all ages from youth sport leagues, family pool activities, and senior fitness classes. With recreational facilities including athletic complexes, full service fitness facilities, passive and active parks, and trails and river accesses we strive to meet the diverse recreational needs of the citizens and visitors of Jackson County.
INDOOR POOL INFORMATION - CLICK HERE
VIRTUAL FITNESS CLASSES - CLICK HERE
The Recreation Centers in Cullowhee and Cashier/Glenville will reopen on Monday, September 14th with several restrictions:
- Limited hours 7:00am-7:00pm Monday - Saturday, 1:00pm-6:00pm Sunday.
- You must call the Recreation Center of your choice to reserve your (1) hour time slot. (limited to 12 slots each hour)
- No group fitness classes or personal training offered at this time.
- To make your reservation for Monday, September 14th please call either the Cashiers/Glenville Center or Cullowhee Recreation Center on Friday, September 11th between the hours of 1:00pm - 4:00pm. You may only reserve your time slot and/or other family members.
- You must wear a mask upon entering the facility and in the hallway and locker rooms.
- Facility members will receive an email this week detailing facility guidelines.
More detailed information will be provided next week. We appreciate your patience.
ALL DATES ARE TENTATIVE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!!!!
Cashiers General Information Recreation Master Plans
Cullowhee General Information
- Fall Soccer season has been cancelled. Refund options, 1) you may wish to have your fees transferred to the 2021 Spring Soccer program or 2) Full refund mailed to you. If we don't hear from you regarding an option choice, your child will be transferred from the Fall 2020 season to the Spring 2021 season.
- We are rapidly planning additional programming opportunites for both youth and adults, please be on the lookout for further information regarding all of our amazing programs.
- All Parks and public restrooms are open. All playgrounds are now open.
- Plase use your social distancing while using the parks. Remember when using Shelters, Basketball and Tennis Courts that the socail distancing and gathering numbers apply to these areas as well..
- I you have any questions or comments with any of the about mentioned, please share them by calling our office at 293-3053 for Cullowhee or 631-2020 for Cashiers/Glenville