Parks & Recreation | Jackson County | North Carolina
Spring Soccer - LEAGUE CANCELLED
- Spring Soccer is for ages four through fourteen year olds. This program offers kids the opportunity to participate in an enjoyable team environment while learning the basic fundamentals of soccer. The location for Spring Soccer will be at the Cullowhee Recreation Center Park. Registration is the month of February.
Fall Soccer - LEAGUE CANCELLED
- Fall Soccer is for ages four through fourteen year olds. This program offers kids the opportunity to participate in an enjoyable team environment while learning the basic fundamentals of soccer. The location for Fall Soccer will be at the Cullowhee Recreation Center Park. Registration is during the month of July. The program starts in September.
Youth Flag Football League
- The Youth Flag Football League is for both girls and boys in grades 1st - 6th. Participants will learn the basics of football in a fun environment. The league is played at the Recreation Park in Cullowhee on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Registration is during the month of April and the league plays in May and June.
Youth Basketball - LEAGUE CANCELLED
PLEASE NOTE: Youth Basketball Program has been cancelled. Refund options, 1) you may wish to have a credit on Rec Desk that may be applied to any upcoming program, must be applied by June 30, 2020. 2) Full refund mailed to you. Please contact us by December 10th to inform us of which option you decide (Cullowhee, Andrew Sherling 293-3053 ext 6) (Cashiers/Glenville, Trevor Brown 631-2020). If you don’t contact us by the schedule date a full refund will be mailed to you.
- The Jackson County Youth Basketball Program is for ages 6-13 years old. (boys and girls teams). This youth program takes place in the winter months November through February hosting games on Saturday mornings at the either the Recreation Center in Cullowhee, Recreation Center in Cashiers, or Cullowhee Valley School. Each child will be placed on a team and have a volunteer coach pick a practice time and location and meet once a week. The goal of this program is to improve basic basketball skills amongst the players while having fun. Registration will begin in the month of October. $50.00 registration fee.
- An instructional based basketball program for boys and girls in the 1st grade. This program will teach the very basics of ball handling, dribbling and shooting. This program is usually offered in Mid-October and will run for 4 weeks. The first 2 weeks will consist of clinics and the last 2 weeks will be instructional games. $20.00 registration fee.
- The Sandlot program is a t-ball instruction based program for ages 5-7 years. This program aims to teach basic fielding, hitting, and game-like scenario skills. Registration for this program starts in the month of May.The players will meet once a week for four weeks. Space is limited to the first 15 players in each time slot. $25.00 registrtion fee.
- This is a classic style PE program for homeschooled youth of Jackson County. We meet once per week for one hour. Ages of the program are 5 - 15 year olds. We run on a 15-week semester with spring and fall sessions. Registration is in December and August, respectfully. Cost for this program is $20 per participant.